We are excited to have opened a chapter of the National Honor Society for Dance Arts (NHSDA) Secondary Program here at California Ballet School. High School students enrolled at California Ballet School may consider applying for induction to NHSDA to celebrate their artistic and technical achievements. All student inductees will receive an official certificate of induction. High school seniors are eligible to wear the NHSDA honor cord and gold pin during graduation ceremonies (with permission of school administration). All students are encouraged to cite their NHSDA induction in scholarship applications and/or resumes for college or dance employment.
Induction into NHSDA Secondary Program is earned through an accumulation of 30 points awarded for meritorious work in dance that meets the honor society’s general guidelines (see National Induction Point System). California Ballet School requires documentation as proof of completed points as well as school transcripts with most recent GPA.
What does is cost? For $8 you can join the National Honor Society for Dance Arts. You may also purchase the optional gold pin and graduation cord for an additional $30. Here are the steps to complete the application to NHSDA:
- Go to nhsda.clubexpress.com and click Find Your Chapter.
- Read the instructions provided on the page, then click Find Your Chapter.
- Search for a chapter by Name (California Ballet School) or using the interactive map.
- Select the appropriate chapter, and click Apply.
- Fill out the application form with contact information and grade level, and create a username and password for the site. (The username and password will be used to make changes to their application, on the rare occasion that they will be needed.) Click Apply when finished.
After applying online, the required documentation and payment must be submitted to California Ballet School (accepted at the front desk). Seniors must complete their application 3 months prior to graduation.
If you have any questions about NHSDA or how to complete the documentation, please contact Chard to schedule an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NHSDA envisions a nation in which all students have equal opportunity and access to quality dance arts education and are recognized for their outstanding artistic merit, leadership and academic achievement in the field of dance. NHSDA’s mission is to recognize outstanding dance students in public and private schools in K-12 education, dance studios, cultural/community centers, performing arts organizations, and colleges/universities. NHSDA also fosters an appreciation for dance as a true art form and one worth of recognition and prestige.